[at-l] 2003 Hike

Ken Prchal wrote:

>Anybody planning a thru-hike for next year??  I'd like to know some of my
>potential company out there.
>
>-Ken

Ken -
For my part, I'll apologize for not getting back to you sooner - I've been
busy with a new granddaughter.  The list seems to be forgetting its manners
- usually we invite newcomers to pull up a log, grab a smashmellow and enjoy
the campfire.  So please allow me to invite you to do so - I just don't know
who has the smashmellows any more.  You'll find a number of 2003 hikers here
- you'll also find some who have already thruhiked.  Used to be well over
100 of us, but some recent unpleasantness has thinned the herd.  However,
there are still enough of us to answer any questions you might have.  The
kicker there is that it's your responsibility to ask the questions - we're
terrible mind readers and have no idea what you already know - or what you
need or want to know.  In any case, welcome to the zoo.

Walk softly,
Jim