[at-l] Long Trip report Gaspe end of IAT

Enjoyed your trip report Ridge Runner! Thank you for taking the time.
It is good to see the trip reports trickling in.

I thought strongly about doing the IAT this summer, but it was easier
logistically and shorter timewise to do the Long Trail for my first long
distance hike.
I'd have to flip a coin between hiking the IAT and canoeing the Bonaventure
River in the Gaspe though!
One day I will head north of the border. There's some pretty country up
there.

Trailwife@aol.com wrote:

> Gaspe Trip June 2002
>
> The end of  May Peter Downey called me and said he was canoeing the
> Bonaventure River in the Gaspe and would I like a ride up thereā€¦. Errr.. OK
>      I had been hoping to hike the International Appalachian Trail but too
> many things had come up to find 50 to 60 consecutive days. But a week, I
> would only miss the GMC Annual meeting, a couple of family graduations and my
> 45 high school alumni reunion.
>
> 6:00 am Saturday June 8, Peter picks me up and some over 12 hours later we
> are in Mont-Saint-Pierre. It is the tiny town where the IAT comes down from
> the Chic-Choc Mountains and meets the Sea (Gulf of the St Lawrence
    	Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.

	Website: