[at-l] Dragon's Tooth

In a message dated 06/24/02 9:14:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rafe.bustin@verizon.net writes:

> I'm not sure where Albert Mtn. came into this discussion, but
> having cut my teeth on the White Mountains, Albert Mtn. just
> doesn't register on my scale of difficulty.  I had to laugh.

It came into play because everyone who had hiked it that I had spoken to
(about three dozen hikers - some thrus and some sections) confirmed by
everything I've seen written about it said that it is undoable in any sort of
adverse weather (rain or ice) and that on a clear day it was easy to lose
your balance and fall to your death so you needed to scrape your body along
hugging the rocks.  None of it was true, that was why I mentioned it.

The place in New England (name escapes me at the moment) where you squeeze
between the boulders and the ideal height to navigate it is about 4 foot
nothing is likely to prove more challenging when my 6 foot 2 inch frame gets
there, but I don't plan on worrying about it til I get there in 2009 or so
and see it for myself.

Hike happy -

Black&blue

multipart/alternative