Reflectex was : [at-l] Hennessy Asym

At 06:09 AM 6/21/02 -0400, Jan Leitschuh wrote:

>I've got the new Asym, but no sleeve thingie.
>It's a clever concept, Amy, no stuff sack. I may call and ask about it.
>
>Still searching for a way to warm the thing up - even now it sleeps a bit
>cool for me.

Has anyone tried reflectex as a sleeping pad?  I found a partial
roll of it along side the road once.  (Mike is getting used to me looping
back to investigate .  He says"what are you doing"  as I pull a u-ey.
I say "There was something along the road back there"  He says
one day I'm gonna find a cut up body in a plastic bag.....ulp!

Anyway, unless your pad is part of your pack support aka G-4,
I'd think this stuff might me tuff enough to use in a hammock???
It's like quarter sized bubble, bubble wrap with a mylar coating.
I assume it's designed as an insulator capable of reflecting
body heat back to your bod?  Sorta bulky though...probably ride
outside of the pack.