[at-l] Hennessy Asym

On Thursday, June 20, 2002, at 10:22 PM, Susan Buchanan wrote:

> Amy -
> I have the ultralight model, but saw an Asym on the trail in April.  I
> like
> it a lot - wish I had held off a little longer before buying one so I
> could
> have gotten that one.  But oh well.  I still love mine.
>
> What in the world is a "sleeve thingie"??    Help me out here
>
> suz

Rather than packing the hammock into a bag like we do with the
ultralight,
there are two sleeves on the Asym.  When you're ready to pack up, you
slide
them down over the hammock and the still attached tarp, squishing
everything
up inside the sleeves.  There's one at either end of the hammock and they
meet in the middle when fully extended.  So you end up with a sort of a
fat
snake rather than a stuffsack.  It's supposed to make for faster setup
and teardown.

It's kind of neat, really.

-amy