[at-l] Some picture are on line

> I don't think [I could be wrong on this] that those were hemlock
> seedlings, however. I'm at a loss to remember the name of what it is -
> almost Princess Pine - but I'm not sure.

Looking at 41, with the dead one in the lower right, leads me to believe
that they are indeed a Club Moss, probably Tree Moss, but maybe Ground Pine
aka Ground Cedar. The feel is very different from that of a hemlock. However
I don't remember ever seeing them with the new growth lighter tips which is
typical of hemlock this time of year, e.g. in my backyard. Most hemlocks
would have hemlock needle litter under them, and the Club Mosses usually
aren't in such soils.

Disclaimer: I am just an amateur not a professional.