[at-l] Wildlife Encounter

I've been walking in the evening lately to strengthen my sprained ankle and
generally get in better shape.  I walk 3-5 miles after work on roads around
my home.  This evening I took my old running route, a 4¼ mile loop.  At the
point farthest from my house along a back road there is a field that was a
farm field in my youth and has long since been turned into an 8-10 acre
pond by beavers.  I stopped by the pond to take pictures of the water
lilies that were starting to bloom along the shore.  After stashing my
camera in my fanny pack I heard something off to my right.  About 50 feet
away a beaver came out of the pond and crossed the road to the feeder
stream/swamp on the other side.  He didn't pay any attention to me at all,
just walked steadily leaving a wet streak behind.  I didn't get a
photo.  It would have taken too long to get the camera and fire it up
(digital).  He wasn't particularly photogenic anyway.  He looked like a 30
pound rat with his soaking wet coat (not fluffy the way they picture them
in books) but it was cool to see him anyway.  So here's a
question.  Superstition has it that when a black cat crosses your path
you'll have bad luck.  What does it mean when sopping wet beaver crosses
your path?

sAunTerer