[at-l] We're he from the government and we want to help you

At 01:46 PM 6/18/02 -0400, Texas Twelve-Step wrote:
>Has it ever occurred to you that government-subsidized
>firefighting services and disaster insurance are what
>attracts people to build houses "where they shouldn't"
>in the first place?

Yup...if you want to see more de-developed riversides and
seashores, lobby for 'one time only pay offs' on flood insurance.
If the house is destroyed the owner gets the money but the
property will not be insured again.  If they rebuild in the same place
and get flooded out again, it comes out of their pocket.
See how long they keep their water front properties if the taxpayers
aren't subsidizing the constant flood repairs.........