[at-l] Forest Service Staffer Started Forest Fire

> Countless large fires have been started when people walked
> away from campfires that they thought were out.

Agreed.  My general rule is to stir the ashes with my hand.
If I can't find any heat, then I'll leave it, otherwise I
wait or use water.

> Cripes, I can't believe the extent of the wrath
> being directed at this poor woman in Colorado.  Are you
folks
> Christians, or what? She is going to have to live with
this for
> the rest of her life. That's punishment enough, I'd think.

I can't see what one's religious faith has to do with her
crime.  She struck the match, and is responsible.  Legally
and morally.

> As far as I know, nobody has died.

And if someone does?  What do you say then?

Shane