[at-l] We're he from the government and we want to help you

"...The  people of Colorado can be thankful for those fine Forest Service people
watching over them."

 Ah,  Bryan.  People  are  people.  Some are wise and thinking and contribute to
 society. Some are fumblers. Others are plagued by private demons and are unable
 to deal rationally with ordinary human failings.

 A  few  are  simply  unable  to  discern the difference.

 My  town has a private, volunteer fire department -- though taxpayers from time
 to  time buy them gear and engines. They rarely lose a foundation. Occasionally
 they  actually  save  a house.

  We  live  in  a  competitive society, which means we generally get what we are
  willing to pay for.

 Weary