[at-l] re: knee injury

Also, all of this talk about knee pain is great, but I haven't heard the most
important thing!  Lighten up your load!  Not your pack load, .....that has
been said a lot..............but your physical load.
       In other words.....if you have extra pounds, get thee to the gym!  *G*
 I have always been overweight, but have never had knee pain until recently.
Now, fear that my hike could be compromised has led me to Weight Watchers AND
the gym!! *G*  Anyway, all of the books I have read about knee pain say that
losing some weight can help immensely.  I don't know if that really applies
to anyone else on the list, but I am giving it a try!!   anna