[at-l] Tents & Tarps & Trees

I have been using the Coleman Cobra Peak 1 version of the Inyo and
thought I would never go to another brand. But....

Recently I purchased one of the MSR Zoid 1 tents. Roughly a pound leaner
and about the same amount of room. It has two poles and has buckles on
the tiedown straps that help tighten the fly (keeps a little of the
fabric from flapping). I like the fact that the second smaller hoop
keeps the net fabric up and away - kind of gives a little false sense of
having more room. And the tent pegs weigh almost zilch (hopefully they
will hold....).

It only has a single vestibule - somewhat smaller than the Inyo/Coleman
- but in tests out in my backyard I been able to easily cover my pack.
Additionaly, I am able to use one of my Leki's to hold the fly stretched
out from the doorway as a sort of porch - something that I tried to do
with the Cobra but was unable to keep standing out.

I gave the tent the garden-hose-downpour test and as long as I did not
spray the hose diretly at where the fly contacts the ground, not a
single drop of water entered, not even through the peak-vent.

I have not tried this guy out on the trail yet but will this Fall up
around NOC - will report more back then.

Cya.

GBG