[at-l] DEET replacement

Orange Bug,

i have been reading all the post concerning DEET.  My question is this,
everything I ware or carry from the top of head to the tips of my toes
is synthetic material, I think even the mind at times, so how do you
keep the DEET from effecting this material.

I sweat so much that I would not dare put it on my forehead for example
because it could get on my glasses, synthetic material, and scar them
enough to make them useless.  The same could happen with my watch face,
my shirt, my shorts and on and on.  How do you get around these
problems.

I also do not know if my skin will not give me problems with DIET.  I
can not use shaving lotion because of the perfume in it. I have the same
problem with a perfumed deodorant.  So am I going to be forced to have a
blood transfusion every few hundred miles?

Tom