[at-l] eternal easy listening

Growing up, all my friends were ferocious fans of the Grateful
Dead. Though I heard them all the time, I was more a
Yes/[earlyGenesis] "art rock" /blues kind of guy. Dead were for
[the frequent] parties.

Then I did the AT. I think it was in Connecticut -- arriving at
the Chase Mtn. leanto (Macedonia Brook State Park) -- the first
northbound Connecticut leanto and an old favorite of mine -- on
July 28th, 1979, that I grabbed that shelter's register, paged
through it for illuminating entries while dripping in the humid
Connecticut jungle, while waiting to take the Chase Mtn. Trail
down to the foot of the mountain, and the Ranger Station, and
the phone that would get me a ride "home" for the break and the
logistical crunching that would take me the rest of the way to
Maine..... while doing all of that, I read the following entry
and decided that the Dead deserved my further [and serious]
consideration. I've spent years [joyously] catching up to this
wisdom:

      When I die, please bury me deep --
      And place two speakers at my feet --
      And place two headphones on my head --