[at-l] Grand Unification Theory

In a message dated 6/6/02 10:19:01, yumitori@montana.com writes:

>The folks I just don't understand are the ones who travel across the
>country staying night after night at Wal-Marts

I don't know how many people spend every night in a Wal Mart, but not every
RVer you see in a Wal Mart spends every night there. When my sister died, we
rushed back to Ohio from TX. It was easier and faster (though not very sleep
producing) to spend nights at Wal Mart rather than spend time hunting for a
nice campground miles off the interstate.

Rving friends who mosey their way through whatever region they are visiting
and certainly do see America, spend nights at Wal Mart when they are ready to
head back to their very rural land in New Hampshire and are just trying to
get there.

Other people we've met stay in Wal Marts so they can afford local museums,
attractions and restaurants, thus meeting local people and sampling local
culture. Uh -- seeing America.

We don't like being butt to cheek with others either and so try not to stay
at campgrounds where that happens. Sometimes we must if we want to explore a
certain area. We've lived most of our lives in areas where we couldn't see
our nearest neighbor, so this was something we worried about. Actually, I
found I dislike it less than I expected because we're hardly in the RV
anyway. We're out seeing local landmarks, hiking on area trails, fishing the
local waters, whatever.

It's like this -- I don't like being butt to cheek in shelters either, but I
put up with it to hike in certain areas and besides I'm hardly there anyway.
I'm out all day hiking.

To me, crowded campgrounds are sometimes the price we pay to be able to
afford spending weeks or months exploring an area of the country. And to do
it from the comfort of our own home.
Vcat