Re[2]: [at-l] RE: Why the Grand Unification Theory - isn't

"... But I can and do get bored in the woods
>after a while, especially if I haven't had a view of distant hills for a while.
>There's  only  so  much reflection and introspection I can tolerate..." someone
>reports.

I  tend  to  go  to  the  woods daily, not for introspection -- though I do that
occasional,  both  in  and  out  of the woods -- but because I feel the need for
exercise  and  a  five  mile  woods walk is the most interesting and challenging
place I can easily find.

It's not quiet in my woods, A major road (by small town standards) is just a few
hundred  yards  away  across  a  pond.  Tires on asphalt, screeching brakes, and
shifting gears are a constant.

But I like the vista across the pond with it's tiny island, nevertheless, though
it's  not distant hills. Somehow I never get bored. This time of year the spring
flowers are out. The may flowers have long faded. The gay wings are flying their
last.  It's the lady slippers that now attract my attention, along with the star
flowers, wood anemene, Canada may flowers....

Then  there's  the  pattern  of the glacier-scoured rocks, the red oaks in their
spring  splendor,  the fresh beaver cuttings, the occasional glimpse of a beaver
and  the  rarer  still  sound  of  it's  tail  slapping  the water to warn of an
interloper.

The  pattern  of  fallen logs, the first mushrooms poking through the cold soil,
the  mosses and lichens, the songs of the spring warblers, the call of a crow, a
mom mallard and her babies swimming along the shore, the flash of a deer's tail,
a glimpse of a bald eagle ... all seem to keep boredom at bay.

Weary