[at-l] RE: Why the Grand Unification Theory - isn't

At 08:49 PM 6/4/2002 -0400, sAunTerer wrote:

 > The thing to realize though is that what you are looking for isn't
 > out in the woods either.  It's just that the woods are a lot quieter
 > and thus offer a conducive environment find it where it really is, in
yourself.

Well, you know I've heard this thought expressed before, but have
mixed feelings about it.  I think of myself as pretty worldly, reasonably
well-read, well-traveled, etc.  But I can and do get bored in the woods
after a while, especially if I haven't had a view of distant hills for a while.

There's only so much reflection and introspection I can tolerate --
after a while I need to talk about something, with someone, listen
to some music, read a book, look at art, laugh at some jokes, blow
off steam, light a candle, and curse the Liptons.

There aren't enough deep thoughts in my head to keep me amused
from Springer to Wesser, let alone Springer to Katahdin.

rafe b.
aka terrapin