[at-l] Survival was Trail Etiquette

In a message dated 6/3/2002 5:52:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
shane@theplacewithnoname.com writes:

> The Grand Unification Theory
> (according to me) says that everybody hikes, camps, and enters the outdoors
> for the same reason. ......... to reconnect as
> natural animals in and with their natural habitat.   This isn't something
> you necessarily work for, it's just something that happens to you one
> day...

       And this, my friends is the ultimate reason that I want to hike long
distances.  When people ask why, I try to find the words to say just
this........but I have never found the way.  If you don't mind, Shane, I will
steal yours....and quote you of course!  *G*
       My major goal for my thru hike is to be the kind of person that is not
only AS comfortable out of doors as in, but actually MORE comfortable.  When
you read stories of people that finish long hikes, go home, and find that
they can't sleep in a bed..........they have to get up and sleep on the
floor.......that kind of physical cross over is what I want to experience.
Does that make any sense?  Anna

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---