Confusion on Chaffing: Re: [at-l] Another reason not to wear underwear!

I am a bit confused on this chaffing thing,  I understand how bike shorts
can help for your legs and everything up front, but how about at the other
end?  Is everyone talking about the same kind of chaffing?

And why is this usually considered a male issue? More hair? More
perspiration?  When it comes to the chafing between the cheeks, I would have
figured that was an equal opportunity ailment.  Again, are we all talking
about the same kind of chaffing?  Putting everything up in a sling like
Shane has suggested sure isn't going to help me where it hurts.

I don't have any problems up front.  I have had chaffing between the cheeks,
however.  Frankly, I figured a lot had to do with not taking enough time
with personal hygeine. What with bugs and all don't we all rush our work?
Honestly, I am confused about whether or not everyone is talking abou the
same problem.  I don't want to find a solution for a problem that I dont
have.

I am also intrigued with the balms and ointments, since I have gone the
other direction an have used baby and medicated powers.  So just to be
clear, are those who are suggesting the ointments suggesting them for
between the but cheeks,or just up front?

Rick B