[at-l] TRAIL QUESTION!!!

No problem. I've hiked with non-freestanding tents for a few years, the
Nomad being my current favorite. Wooden tent platforms are common in New
Hampshire and Maine. Sometimes that are eyelets on the sides of the
platforms. Just carry some extra line and you should be fine. Sometimes
there are handy nails that work fine. Other times just loop your line
over the end of a board (a bowline knot works great for this and makes
it easy in the morning). Once I tied an end of the tent off to a
convenient tree. With a little ingenuity, you won't have any problem. If
the boards are close together sometimes you can wedge your tent stakes
between them. I've heard of people carrying big thumbtacks, but frankly
I trust my knots more.

Tinman