[at-l] Black Flies

<<>  Also, this is one of the worst black fly seasons ever.  I went
> home to New Hampshire this weekend and I got eaten alive almost in
> the matter of a few minutes.  Since he is going to be in a section
> of trail that isn't cut very well, he should probably bring some
> bug screens or something to cover his face. >>

<<Something to cover my face?  Or will most of the little buggers
have gone to their reward 4 weeks from now?>>

Should we have a moment of silience for this years Southbounders? <g>
And the LT hikers?

Kurt, the Long Trail over July 4th? Ask me how I got the trailname
'Skeeterbait' <g>.
You might want to bring a headnet, and... plasma <lol>

BTW, you might want to avoid spending a night at Goddard Sh on Glastenbury
Mt. For some unknown reason it seems to be a particular hell hole for black
flies. I've found them there just about every part of the year there isn't
snow on the ground, and it was bad enough I wouldn't be surprised if they
were there for the winter too... ; )

skeeter