[at-l] Black Flies

I just got this note from my daughter who had just gotten it from a
friend in New Hampshire someplace:

>  Also, this is one of the worst black fly seasons ever.  I went
> home to New Hampshire this weekend and I got eaten alive almost in
> the matter of a few minutes.  Since he is going to be in a section
> of trail that isn't cut very well, he should probably bring some
> bug screens or something to cover his face.

Any comments from you folks?  I don't know whether this friend
was from north or south, higher elevation or lower, a hiker or mall
rat.  The reference in the last sentence is to the northern part of the
Long Trail, by the way.

Something to cover my face?  Or will most of the little buggers
have gone to their reward 4 weeks from now?

Kurt
Concordia