[at-l] Trail Ettiquite was Technology....And Intrusive Discourtesy

In a message dated 5/29/2002 2:04:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rickboudrie@hotmail.com writes:

> I suggest we lay off telling people what they can and can't bring on >the
> >trail, and spend a little more time encouraging people (again, >usually
> >section hikers) to understand what "trail courtesy" means.

As a long time section hiker, I have always tried to be very courteous not
only to other hikers but to the trail in general.  However, I sometimes
wonder about the unwritten rules of courtesy.  For instance, leaving the
shelters for thru or long distance hikers.  It makes sense to me that a lot
of people wouldn't have any way to know this if they were just out for the
occassional overnight.
       So my question is, what do you guys consider good trail ettiquitte?
Enquiring minds really want to know!! *S*  Anna
PS- Besides not hollering into your cell phone at the shelter!  *G*  I think
I've got that one!! *BG*

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---