[at-l] Respect For AT Wildness Values

In a message dated 5/27/2002 2:25:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nealb@midlandstech.com writes:

> Only if we seek to preserve the rules ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY, we are apt to
> end up with non-perfection.  You can please some of the people all of the
> time.  All of the people some of the time.  But you can't please all of the
> people all of the time.  Unfortunately (or fortunately) all of the people
> own the AT.  And if either of the "extremes" prevail, we're apt to end up
> with something that nobody wants.

       *** Thank you for engaging my thoughts.

         To keep it brief and civil I'll just say that recently some are
confusing an overture of compromise with the Trail's cause. There are some
very definable objectives that constitute the Trail's purpose or goals that
have nothing to do with previous land uses or compromises. I think those
objectives are what should be referenced when deciding one's Trail
involvement instead of vague themes of "compromise". In a sense, such a
perspective is staying "on topic" with the AT...

    Nobody's talking about absolute perfection, just simple nature -which is
absolutely perfect in its own way. Nature owns the AT my friend. The lesson
of the AT is to learn how to stay out of its way despite our best intentions.
If you consider, you will see that even your proposed sense of compromise
isn't perfect and is broken by the Trail's legitimate needs when they arise
out of necessity. The trick is to end up with undisturbed nature when we are
done with our logic. Thanks...

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---