[at-l] Introduction

> My name is Stumpy, and I'm new to the group. I'm
> an above-the-knee amputee, live in Tennessee, and
> am in the planning stages of a 2003
> thru-hike.

> The problem is that I am a total novice.

> When I originally learned the distance involved,
> I ignorantly thought that it could be accomplished
> at a rate of 30 miles per day, but I was
> told that was next to impossible to achieve.

Well, Terry Fox did a marathon a day as an above-the-knee
amputee.  (Terry didn't make it across Canada, because his
cancer came back...)  I know he had to do a lot of work to
get his stump used to such work.  So long as you are well
fitted, you should have no problems.

Being a total novice is EASY to fix.  Just keep reading the
list...

GOOD LUCK!

Shane