[at-l] Satellites

If you want to spot satellites then I suggest you try Heavens Above:

http://www.heavens-above.com/main.asp?Loc=Newberry&Lat=29.646&Lng=-82.60
7&TZ=EST

This URL is set up for my location but just go to the set your
configuration link and enter your town. The site gives you everything
you'll need for satellite spotting and will even draw a map showing the
track of the object as seen from your location. It does Iridium flashes
and the space station too too. You should note that satellites are
generally only seen near sunset or sunrise since you are seeing the sun
reflected off the object. If you see something hours after sunset then
it probably is not a satellite.

I have printed out the lists for the area that I plan to be in when we
go on trips so as to take advantage of the dark skies. We spotted
objects when we were camping at Palo Duro last year frex.

Bryan