[at-l] expolding stoves and stuffed packs!!

Well, this is it.
    I have all of my brand new equipment, and I am going backpacking this
weekend!!!  For the first REAL time!!  I leave early tomorrow so I thought it
might be a good idea to learn how to use my stove, filter, etc. and to pack
my pack tonight.
    My stove exploded into a fireball.  Twice!!  ( Don't worry, my house is
still standing and I am pretty sure that my dog will get over the shock!)
However, I think that it still works.  Think is the operative word here.  I
don't have the energy to try it again!!  (The flame keeps going out after I
prime it)
    I cannot get everything into this d*#& backpack and I am pretty sure that
it weighs about a hundred pounds!!  (OK, maybe it is about 30, but man it
feels heavy!!!  And I still haven't found a place for the stove!  Maybe I am
destined to eat cold this trip!! *G*
    And, upon looking in the mirror it has occured to me that I look like an
LL Bean wanna be!!  If any of you see me on the trail this weekend, you will
laugh your heads off (and , NO, I am not telling you where I am going!!*G*).
I look like I took advantage of every single 'helpful hint for hikers' that
is out there!  right down to the Duct Tape wrapped around my 2 Leki poles!
*BG*
    Oh, and did I mention that I am so excited that I could just about throw
up!!!!!?!?!?  Thank god that at the last minute, one of my fellow listers
agreed to spend the first night on the trail with me!  So I am pretty much
guaranteed to come back alive!  However, if I don't, would someone please
tell my parents that I died very, very happy.  *S*  I hope you all have a
great weekend, and I will be posting a trip report when I return!!!  Please
wish me luck!  *G*  Anna