[at-l] New Balance 805's for a thru-hike?

Well their is the things you have to look at with shoes.
1- Support with the pack weight you will be talking on the trip
 I though my ankles were pretty good until I had to take a header down a
hill so I wouldnt twist my ankle.
2- Risk... Even with good ankles your risk will be higher with no support.
Maybe a few more pounds on the feet will save your trip from being delayed
when healing that foot.
3- Restock. You cant just depend on town stores but if you have someone
helping you with packages you can easily have your shoes mail ordered and
shiped to your drops.
4- Cost.. I think with 805s you will be going through them pretty quickly
and your costs will be more expensive then boots over the corse of the hike.
Its a shame the quality of NB shoes has greatly went down the past 4 years.
(their still the best shoe in the store though)

But heck if you can pull it off you can save a lot of weight... maybe gain
or loose some comfort. You can always try and switch to boots with in a week
if the going gets tough. Just be aware of the problems and risk involved.
JTW