[at-l] Backpacking near Las Vegas - HELP

> OK, this is time sensitive. I just bought a ticket to head out to Vegas for the
> weekend. I am looking for good ideas for a 3 day backpacking trip within a
> couple hours of driving. So far my options are Zion, Great Basin ("new"
> national park) and Boundary Peak(plus others) in the NE of Inyo NF. If anyone
> knows anything about these areas, or has other recomendations, it would be
> appreciated, but I do fly out Saturday AM, early. Thanks for any help!
>
> -Chomp

	Zion's beautiful, and there's numerous options to hike, depending on
your time and energy level. It's a few hours drive from Vegas, though. I
can't comment on the other options.

	Death Valley's not too far in the other direction, but might be a
longer drive due to the way the roads run.

	Ron
--

yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com