[at-l] Trail connections

One of the many things I love about hiking is how trail folks connect, on
and off the trails. I love how there is the awareness that someone else
is a hiker and then something inside clicks and you find yourself in a
discussion about places and trips. Maybe there is no conversation but the
bond is felt anyhow. As I was driving to VA back in April to do my
section hike, a car passed on I-81 and honked. I looked as he passed and
saw him waving and then I saw the AT sticker on the back window. I waved
back and wish him well as he pulled ahead and away. I loved it. Hopeful

> > > yesterday, I passed under a bridge marked Appalachian Trail, and
> there
> > > was a hiker about to cross it! I honked my horn and gave a wave,
> and
> .and felt
> > a connection, ....................
> Ha!
> I totally GET this. .......................
> , and I threw my
> arms up,
> happy and spontaneous. What a cornball thing to do. But very
> natural, and
> the feeling was good.
> And mutual. It WAS a connection, on both sides, to something deep in
> all of
> us.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.