[at-l] Re: Wet Electronics.

Two more double uses for a gear items: alcohol, diluted to 50%, and socks
as a centrifugal drier. I like the idea and I might have helped. I did take
all of the covers I could remove off and tried shaking them as dry as
possible. The phone was off, but the amount of water caused the battery and
else to be shorted. By the time I got back home to Cingular office, the
phone circuits were quite corroded and useless.

There should have been two ounces of prevention: Ziplock & written phone
numbers. I thought it was simply blind justice getting me for having a cell
phone on the trail.

OrangeBug