[at-l] pittsburgh 800am 05/12/02

Pittsa,
As most are aware I'm a dog owner/lover BUT not at all a lover of idiot dog
owners. Looking at your experience this weekend I would say the Hostel Owner
could have/should have told the clueless twins that although their business
was appreciated their lack of concern for fellow patrons necessitated their
exit, NOW.
You didn't mention, are these guys Thru-hikers? Can't imagine them getting
that far and the dogs not being used to the routine and/or the guys not
having wised up or having been beaten up. Not that anyone should have had to
do so but did anyone try buddying up to the barkers to calm them down and
shutem up.
Stupid arrogant dog owner hikers leave the same bad taste as stupid,
arrogant, the Trail & those around it are there to serve me, Hikers. A pox on
both :-)
So as to be perfectly clear to any who wonder about my last comment,
Pittsburgh falls in neither category. Just me blowing off steam about stupid
inconsiderate folks who think the are hikers.
Like Pittsa ...   My thoughts .... others may differ
Plum'Crazy

> the idiot hiker dog owners were/are totally clueless.  they said that they
> were sorry for their disruptive barking dogs, but that the dogs suffer from
> seperation anxiety(duh).  besides, the owners said that they have the right
> to go to town, just like any other hiker, and if their dogs bark, so be it.
>  i guess that supersedes my right to a few moments of peace and quiet.  the
> owners also talked till midnight, while in the midst of other hikers that
> had been trying to sleep since 9 or 10pm.  these guys are just downright
> rude assholes.  i know i have to expect to modify my ways within a group
> situation, but for them to totally disrupt the situation because of their
> unmanageable animals, and their need to be gratified at the expense of
> others, is absurd...

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---