[at-l] New Hampshire Bear Brook State Park

A hiking girlfriend and I are flying into Manchester, NH, in early July to meet up with two non-hiking girlfriends for a week's vacation in Maine.  The hiking friend and I will arrive a day and a half before the non-hikers, so we want to hike before we pick them up.

We discovered that Bear Brook State Park is close (we will have to drive a lot on Sunday to get to Bar Harbor, so as tempting as it is to head for the Whites, we don't want to spend a lot of driving time in our day and a half).  I can't find a thing on the internet about hiking trails in Bear Brook State Park--except that there are some.

Does anyone know about hiking in Bear Brook State Park?  Trails to recommend?  Trails to avoid?  They apaprently allow horses, ATVs, mountain bikes, etc. on the trails, so any advice on where to hike to avoid the ATVs and bikes would be especially appreicated; I can live with the horses.

The park also contains a Museum of Family Camping and Hall of Fame.  I'll be sure to report on this gem!

Joan
bluetrail@aol.com