Re[2]: Alcohol stoves (was [at-l] LONGISH, Trail Magic ,etc.)

Jim,

Why on earth would alcohol stoves be banned?  In my experience (and I do
mean experience) they are less likely to cause a fire than a gasoline
stove.  Can you give a reference?

I can understand restricting Zip stoves because of the danger of hot ash
and coals, but banning alcohol stoves would be unjustified and
counterproductive.

-- Jim

On Mon, 2002-05-06 at 13:57, Jim and/or Ginny Owen wrote:
<snip>

> those who know him, pray for Sly. The status of alcohol stoves is still in
> question, but probably banned (at least if you get caught). The fine is $500
> and a really nasty attitude from the rangers.  Several years ago, they also
> confiscated the offending equipment.
>
> The same kind of ban has been in effect in Virginia, MD, PA, and California
> in the recent past.

<snip>