[at-l] Earl

I meet Earl a few years ago at the PA Ruck. I'd scored a couple of
handshakes before but he was always surrounded by other people.

I had hiked in from Shenandoah Nat'l Park and some one had told him. He
came over to the couch where I was sitting and said " are you the one
what hiked in?". I said "yes sir" and he replied " you need a ride
anywhere?". After I told him I didn't need anything, he asked me about my
hike. He seemed genuinely interested. We continued to talk about "cold
weather" hiking, the trail and farming for nearly an hour until everyone
realized he was there. Every time I saw him after that he always asked me
if I was still hiking in "cold weather".

I feel like I just lost another grandfather.........

woodelf