[at-l] Earl

In a message dated 5/5/02 6:18:51 PM Central Daylight Time, DaRedhead@aol.com
writes:

> Earl has died

   A Life WELL DONE.

I met and talked with Earl on several occasions and followed him by two days
thru the Smokeys during his last Thru. As with most, my first meeting stands
out in my mind the strongest. It was during the first Trail Fest in Hot
Springs. He was signing books, my turn in line arrived, he asked how I'd like
it signed, I said "you have a long line, just your name is fine."He said I've
got time, what's your Trail name." When I said Plum'Crazy, he said "That's
me, how'd you get it." I said that's what my family says about my hiking. He
said, That's what my family said about my first hike, I was known as Crazy
One. I followed register entry's from Crazy One on an enjoyable hike and I
will always have "Walking With Spring" with "Happy Trails Plum'Crazy;
CrazyOne   Earl V Shaffer strongly penned on the first page. I really admire
the way Earl made his first hike. Many if not most of us would never complete
that style of a Thru.
Dominus Vobiscum, Aurevoir
Plum'Crazy

multipart/alternative