Weary's trail use restrictions Re: Re[4]: [at-l] Trip Report (off trail) update

> It's  now  my  conclusion that I've been given the run around --
> that the person
> who  registers  an  ATV  is  responsible  for  the  violations
> the  ATV causes,
> regardless of whether he stops long enough to be identified or not.
>
> I've  further  determined that refusal to stop and identify
> himself when I asked
> an ATV operator to do so is a separate violation in itself.

Is it also a criminal trespass in your state?

>  Finally,  the  law  clearly  says  I  can  post against ATV use
> without posting against other public use.

Good.

> Now  the  problem is to somehow convey this information without
> p*ssing off the officers so that they ignore any future complaints.

I'd say meet with them and discuss it, but we've already determined that you
desperately need to replace your local sheriff since he's broken...

Do you have a local newspaper?  Letter to the editor or small article?  You
used to be in the business, if I remember correctly.

Shane