[at-l] Double Header---

lbooher@adelphia.net wrote:

> 1.  Does anyone know anything about www.downthetrail.net ?  That's the web
> page that the shelter picture on Google was taken from.  I tried to get up
> the whole web site, but couldn't.  It looks like a site that would be
> interesting, but I'm afraid that it's defunct.

> anklebear

        It was a very ambitious idea - sort of a super trail journal,
with not only reports from the hiker, but guest articles on history and
culture along the AT, reports from those associated with the Trail like
ridge runners and trail crews, that sort of thing. Very nicely done. I
read it regularly.

        Unfortunately the hiker had a few problems along the way,
delaying things; then he got off the Trail after September 11th to
assist in New York. I don't know the reasons why the site was finally
closed down though.

        If you want to contact him, try sending an e-mail to the ATC. He
is (was?) a staffer with them, and someone will surely be able to help.

        Ron
--

yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com