[at-l] AT Hiking Food

In a message dated 4/21/02 10:58:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
pklotzbach@yahoo.com writes:

> .  Whenever I have chocolate bars in my pack on a warm day (i.e. temps above
> 70 degrees), the bars are mush by the end of the day.  It seems like a
> couple of days of 80+ heat would turn chocolate bars into chocolate syrup.
> What was your experience with bringing chocolate bars on the thru-hike?
> Thanks!

Not a thru-hiker but I've had some success with baker's chocolate as it seems
to hold up in summer heat.  M&Ms have also worked for me.  I usually carry
both - M&Ms for casual chocolate need and the baker's for the hard-core
craving.

Dave B.

multipart/alternative
  text/html