[at-l] Maybe not a new idea

Well I don't know.  I know a lot of people write stuff on their Databook,
maps, etc.  I just kept a journal.  (If you use the Databook and go in
sections over the years, it will get out of date anyway.)  You could still
write in the margins etc. of the sheets.  The companion stuff has very wide
margins so there would still be room.

This hike I just finished the method worked well.  When we came to a shelter
or road, or whatever, we just flipped the sheet over and got the scoop from
the Companion.  Also since I started with the Trailguide stuff from the book
(on CD), I could use the NOBO ordering that was in there.  The Databook is
written SOBO, and the Companion NOBO so having the rearrangement worked
well.  Integrating the Databook data with the Guide book information (which
is usually out of date) is an important step.  So my stuff is 3 books in
one, not just 2 books in one.  Each item that's included in the Databook, I
bold face.

Also I compress the font so each section fits on one page.  So each day I
just get out the sheet(s) and map for the day and the rest stays in the
pack.

Good luck.
Pb