FW: [at-l] Keep the List Friendly (AT-L/ATC fundraiser)

Revision 2.  Really need help people...

> It would be nice to get a mention in the newsletter.
> Perhaps someone could write a short article?

***

<Need a short bio & history of Ryan, the backcountry.net
site, and the AT-L. I don't know enough to write it.  Should include a brief
definition of what an email-list is so that the computer illiterate will
understand.  SOMEBODY
help... Ryan?>

Recently Mr. Brooks, as a way to encourage AT-L posters to post relevant
material, offered to make a donation to the ATC if the list members would
keep their posts civil and AT oriented.  Seeing an opportunity to do
something more than just recycle rhetoric, several list members jumped on
the bandwagon and an impromptu ATC fundraiser formed on the list.  Many
members responded to raise much needed funds for the ATC and its many
programs.  They all saw it as a way to 'put their money where their feet
hike'.

Members of the AT-L would like to challenge other lists,
clubs, and organizations to start fundraisers of their own to support the
ATC and other organizations that are fighting to protect the trail
experience.

You can join the AT-L list by pointing your web browser to:
www.backcountry.net.

***

Short, but to the point.  Any revisions?

Shane