[at-l] Keep the List Friendly (AT-L/ATC fundraiser)

Revision 1.  Please help...

> It would be nice to get a mention in the newsletter.
> Perhaps someone could write a short article?

***

<Need a short bio & history of Ryan, the backcountry.net site, and the AT-L.
I don't know enough to write it.  Should include a brief definition of what
an email-list is so that the computer illiterate will understand.  Somebody
help... Ryan?>

Sometimes group lists degrade into what are called 'flame wars', where posts
go off topic and emotions can run high.  Recently Mr. Brooks, in order to
keep the AT-L on topic in light of some off topic material, offered to make
a donation to the ATC if the list members would keep their posts civil and
AT oriented.  Seeing an opportunity to do something more than just recycle
rhetoric, several list members jumped on the bandwagon and an impromptu ATC
fundraiser formed on the list.  Many members responded to raise much needed
funds for the ATC and its many programs.  They all saw it as a way to 'put
their money where their feet hike'.

Members of the AT-L would like to challenge other lists, clubs, and
organizations to start fundraisers of their own to support the ATC and other
organizations that are fighting to protect the trail experience.

You can join the AT-L list by pointing your web browser to:
www.backcountry.net.

***

Short, but to the point.  Any revisions?

Shane