[at-l] pittsburgh 1200noon 04/16/02

pittsburgh 1200noon 04/16/02

i had breakfast with yakdung at the inn at afton.  she appeared fully recovered from her ordeal, and was pumped to go hiking.  we drove north on skyline drive to brown gap, donned day packs loaded with water and orange juice, and hiked north to meet granny and padre...

we met them about a mile and a half up. they filled there bottles and drank the juice.  their hike yesterday had been wonderful, spending an hour or more where the trail crosses ivy creek.  they had tented at loft mountain campground, at the walk-in tentsites along the trail...

we heard all about the critters that hovered near their tentsite last evening - squirrels, chipmunks and deer.  the animals are quite tame in the park, especially at the campgrounds...

yakdung and granny were happy to be reunited.  we all had a very pleasant hike back to the van.  the ladies and padre are slacking a couple of miles to the blackrock summit parking are, which is where i am right now.  they'll get there packs back here, and continue to blackrock hut, their home for the night.  i think i'll hike up to blackrock summit with them, then move the van a bit south and hike into the hut for some quality social time before heading out to waynesboro tonight...

pittsburgh

This mobile message sent using PocketMail.
Sign up for unlimited e-mail at www.PocketMail.com.