[at-l] Walking Quote of the Day

I'm getting caught up on my work reading and took a break to bring everyone
yet another excerpt in the series. . . .

from - TO OWN THE STREETS AND FIELDS by Hal Borland

"You can rate a man's curiosity about his world and his fellow men by his
walking habits.  Certainly the one who walks isn't the kind that expects
all things to come to him.  I suspect that it would be possible, if one
were to study the matter systematically, to gauge a man's mental breadth
and depth by examining his attitude toward walking; whether he likes to
walk, and where he walks, and how, and why."