Re[4]: [at-l] Re: The Bryson Book, wade right in and stir it up

Mea Balls wrote:
>I lay awake last night tossing and turning and torturing myself by lying on
>a bed of glass shards and lashing myself with long black leather straps,
>log chains, hot candle wax, Wagner recordings and selected passages from "A
>Walk In The Woods" and "LOTR" until I was exhausted and sleep finally
>arrived around daybreak. (Jim will recognize this as S&M)

Curtis -
I can understand everything except the Wagner and "A Walk In The Woods".
Those two (especially together) truly constitute self-flagellation.  I
apologize for driving you to this extreme.  I only meant to drive you to
drink  :-)))

>Upon waking, a perfectly resonable and sound justification for my behavior
>had occured to me:
>1. My question related directly to an everyday occurence in the natural
>world

Yep.

>2. He set it up

Yep.

>3. My question made as much sense as his did

Yep

>4. The flesh is weak. And as Oscar Wilde remarked, "The quickest way to rid
>one's self of temptation is to yield to it."

Yep.

Uh - I'm confused - were we arguing?  About what?

>It was confusing as hell but then it was Math toward which I have alway
>shared with Picasso the debility of seeing 7 as a nose and 2 as a swan.

Uh - Curtis?  This is a debility?

>I do not apologize to those of you ROTFL. Philistines!

Oh dear - I'm afraid it would never have worked out between us then.
I didn't know you were prejudiced against ROTFL Philistines
:-))

In any case, to answer your question - I was "saving you for later".  But
now that you've escaped intact, it only proves the truth of my  philosophy
"Life is short - eat dessert first"  :-)))

Have a good day anyway.

Walk softly,
Jim