[at-l] Helping a newbie: Part 7 - Tent Selection

Hi Shane,

Of the tents in your list, I would go with one of the Wanderlust tents.  I
have a Nomad and love it.  There's more room in that tent than in most other
solo tents and at 6'1", I can sit up in it.  I think the 2-4-2 might give
more elbow room but I've only been in one for a couple of minutes so have no
practical experience with it.

There are so many lightweight tents out there, that I think it's crazy to
carry the extra two pounds for Clip.

I don't know what else you've considered and I can't give you any personal
recommendations, but you should also look into:

Golite Den:

http://www.golite.com

ULA Equipment T-3:

http://ula-equipment.com/pages/products/shelter/T-3.htm

The Tacoma tent:

http://trailquest.net/tacoma.html

Moonbow also has some possibilities:

http://moonbowgear.com/1trailgear/3Tents/customtents.html

Some of these are actually two person tents so even a  big guy should have
some elbow room in them as a solo hiker.  There are probably more but I
can't think of them right now.  All of these would offer significant weight
savings over the SD option.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99