[at-l] Helping a newbie: Part 7 - Tent Selection

Chiming in.

I've been in the 2-4-2. It is huge and appears to be an honest to God 2
person tent. For one person, it is a castle. It looks like it has a larger
wind shadow, and may not be a durable in wind as the original Nomad and
similar tents you have reviewed. I have not read reviews or trip reports on
it in weather, yet, but I would believe anything Kurt would say about his
products. He is quite exacting and responsive to his customers, even if
that results in some delay in getting the tent initially.

The very light weight and roominess of the 2-4-2 allows an additional day
supply of food, and luxurious place to enjoy it. The cost is significant
but there is good value. I'd encourage him to go to Trail Days or similar
gatherings and see/try this and other tents in the real world.

OrangeBug