Re[2]: [at-l] The Bryson Book, wade right in and stir it

The Bryson book? Good book to read on a layover while
waiting for a connecting flight.

It is amusing, a bit fluffy and it is entertaining
-for the first 100 pages or so.  I felt the last half
of the book was 'filler' material he needed to write
to fill contract obligations.

Not the worst book I ever read, I just take it for
what it is..an amusing account of a middle aged man
who makes several fumbles while out hiking, it just
happens to be on the AT.

Would I pay $20 for the book? No, it is not worth it.
Would I check it out of the library to bring with me
on a flight or bus ride? Heck yeah!  Just interesting
enough to hold my attention..but not so deep I will
miss my complimentary beverage. :-)

=====