[at-l] Sealskinz or Goretx, pounds saved

> Ok, I have the oportunity to shave 1.4 lbs off the weight of my
> boots if =
> I opt for Sealskinz water proof socks rather than goretex boots...
> any =
> ideas?? experiences?

After slogging thru "flood warning," frog-choking, trail-river conditions in
March and chewing up my feet with wet Smartwools that crankily,
superciliously and pure mule-headedly refused to dry, even after the sun
came out, ON PURPOSE JUST TO SPITE ME (I feel certain), I resolved next time
to put on my vapor barrier socks. I had them in case of snow and/or
toe-losing cold.

The socks would still get damp from sweat, but not
"wring-a-bucket-out-with-more-go" wet. And I'd stay warm, not chilled, like
I was when that icy river seeped in with every step. With the VB sox, I
could thus still hike in trail runners, avoiding boots.

And if you're an ounce counter (saying "weenie" never did quite seem fitting
in this context), well then, nylon's even lighter than neoprene...
--
    	Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.

	Website: