[at-l] The Bryson Book, wade right in and stir it up.

In a message dated 04/12/02 11:42:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
GADog430@aol.com writes:

> Perhaps the book is lost on this audience because we can see the holes?
> I don't know. I was disappointed in it for reasons other than reasons that
> a best seller buyer would be. Flame away. I only know one of you.
>
> Well, that should set the list off for a few days.
>
> Dawg
>
> Ps. As for Katz, I liked him. Every story has its comic relief. Real or
> imagined.

I've said it before and I'll repeat it - I've read everything the man has
published and I like him as a writer.  The book is not a hiking book, it's a
funny book.

Nearly every nonhiker I know has asked me, when they learn I hike, if I've
read the book.  I don't try to explain to them that it's not a hiking book
(they aren't hikers, so the distiction would be lost on them anyway).  I just
say, "Yes, I've read it and it's a funny book".

And I'm still convinced he and I are twins separated at birth (even though we
are different ages and don't look alike).

Black&blue

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---